Welcome to MTRS
Welcome to Mohawk Trail Regional School, home of the Warriors!
At Mohawk Trail we are committed to building community and capacity together. Our school is a dynamic learning community where seventh through twelfth-grade students can develop as scholars, athletes, artists, and citizens.
In December of 2023 we were awarded a $450,000 Barr Foundation grant to help us continue to build our unique school from January 2024–January 2026. These funds will be used to focus on:
- Continuing to support student voice and social and emotional learning needs through our daily advisory class.
- Continuing to focus on developing student and staff culture through growing our expertise with restorative practices.
- Continuing our pedagogical shift to standards-based teaching and learning and helping students to be the drivers of their own learning. Student-led-conferences will continue to provide opportunities for students to lead their own learning.
- Continuing to help provide students with the opportunity to extend their Capstone project personal passions into work-based learning and internship opportunities.
- Providing opportunities for teachers to take on leadership roles and continue to innovate content and pedagogy in the service of all of our students.
You can read more about the Barr Foundation and our ongoing work here.
Our staff is committed to working together to provide students with a safe, engaging, and empowering learning environment, but we understand our efforts fall short without you. We invite you to learn more about who we are and what we can offer your family by browsing the pages on our site. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. We look forward to hearing from you!
News and Announcements
We encourage you to stay up to date with everything happening at Mohawk Trail Regional School!Read more
We are in need of some "handy" folks for set building for You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, our spring musical.
In early March, the Student Council will go to Hyannis to participate in the regional student council convening.
There is no school on Monday, February 19 through Friday, February 23 for our February vacation.
Student Council is hosting a semi-formal winter dance on Friday, March 1 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
Students will bring home a hard copy of the updated course catalog before the February break.Read more
Class meetings will take place in the next two weeks, and the class of 2024 will be planning their involvement in many upcoming events.
While it has just started to feel like winter with snow and cold temps, the Mohawk Trail Athletic Department is preparing to open spring sports registrations on January 29.
We were notified in December that we had been successful in our application for a Barr Foundation grant to continue our MS and HS redesign work.
Members of the Colrain Central sixth grade class learned that each living thing is made up of cells which are the most basic unit of life.
Our district updates have a new name! We hope you'll find our regular MTRSD S'Updates to help keep you informed throughout the school year.